Most important Point for a Neet pg or a fmge or an INICET aspirant is what to study from. Not all topics are written best in same book. Standard reference is important as examiners take best books into account .Few topics are given best in selected books.
- Robbins is taken as standard for Pathology
- Harrisons is considered Standard for Medicine
- Schwartz is considered standard for surgery.
But does a student real all from these books. The Answer is no. Because of Lack of time. So how does a student prepare. Time factor is important. Besides what topics are given best in which books. Be it NEXT Exams or NEET PG, Medical students have to prepare the best way. Be it any exam MRCP, USMLE or Latest NEXT Exams as proposed by NMC, a fundamental Concept is very essential along with acquisition of necessary Skills.
That cannot be learnt from MCQ Books. Standard references are a must. That is why most of the Best students who get Top ranks still advise to go through Standard Content and Books.
Our Experts Came across some Repeated and High Yield Topics and Important Recommendations. You are suggested to read these topics along with books mentioned. Introduction of image based questions complicates the study pattern. IBQs are taken from standard books. So standard sources are important.
I would prefer different books like the
- Kaplan series
- The BRS Series
- Davidons for Medicine
- Kumar Kotran for Medicine .
The same books you study for USMLE Exams for NEET PG exam as now the pattern is moving closer top that pattern.
But subjects like PSM, Forensic medicine need to be studied from local books.
- Topics from Anatomy and Clinical Aspects of Anatomy from Lasts Anatomy
- Topics from Pathology from USMLE First AID
- Topics from Medicine from Washington Manual
- Topics from Pharmacology from Katzung.
- Topics from Physiology from Lange Books
- Topics from Biochemistry from Lippincorts
Important Topics and Books in Gynaecology / Obstetrics are:
- Choriocarcinoma (Ref: Dutta Obstetrics, Williams)
- Fibroid uterus(Ref: Dutta Obstetrics, Williams,)
- Sheehan’s syndrome(Ref: Dutta Obstetrics, Williams, Platinum notes)
- Ethacrydine extra aminiotic (Ref: Dutta Obstetrics, Williams,)
- MgSo4(Ref: Dutta Obstetrics, Williams, Platinum notes)
- Ca Endometrium(Ref: Dutta Obstetrics, Williams,)
- Dysgerminoma(Ref: Dutta Obstretics,Williams)
Important Topics and Books in Pathology are:
- Turner syndrome (Ref Ganong)
- Cyclin A (Ref Robbins)
- Opsonisation (Ref Robbins Basic Pathology)
- B-cell lymphoma (Ref Robbin’s)
- Fibromatosis (Ref Robbins )
- Osteosarcoma (Ref Robb)
- Osteoclastoma (Ref John Ebnezer’s Orthopedics Textbook)
- Sarcoidosis (Ref Dvorak’s Pathology )
Important Topics and Books in Medicine are:
- RPGN (Ref:Harrison ,CMDT,)
- Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency(Ref:Harrison ,CMDT,)
- Hepatic adenoma(Ref:Harrison ,CMDT,
- MBP, Major basic protein(Ref:Harrison ,CMDT)
- AFP (Ref Robbins ) (Ref:Harrison ,CMDT)
- Bronchial carcinoma (Ref:Harrison ,CMDT)
- Cytokeratin: (Ref:Harrison ,CMDT, Platinum Notes)
- Rhabdomyosarcoma (Ref:Harrison ,CMDT)
- p53 (Ref Robbins )
Important Topics and Books in Pediatrics are
- Henoch Schonlein purpura(Ref:OP Ghai, Nelson Paediatrics,)
- Lactase deficiency (Ref:OP Ghai, Nelson Paediatrics,)
- Unilateral renal dysplasia(Ref:OP Ghai, Nelson Paediatrics,)
- Vesicoureteral reflux induced pyelonephritis(Ref:OP Ghai, Nelson Paediatrics,)
- DTPA renogram(Ref:OP Ghai, Nelson Paediatrics,)
You cannot purchase all these books and the College library is the best place to get these books and study. Effort on the part of NEET Pg student is important. Remember to go through these Topics nicely with Consultation of Books Provided. They happen to be High Yield Topics and frequently asked. We have made an Analysis of other Subjects as well. To be updated with Latest Visit www.medexamsprep.com